Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dry Buttermilk

Saco Cultured Dry Buttermilk Blend

Price:
$4.99 for 12 oz.
Where can I find this?
at your local grocery store
Why I {crave} it?
I hate buying a huge carton of buttermilk for just one of my favorite recipes. So I stumbled upon this amazing dry buttermilk. The best part about it is that you can store it in your fridge for days and then just add it to your recipe along with water and you have buttermilk! Here is my favorite buttermilk syrup recipe that is a staple in our house:

Buttermilk Syrup

1 cube Butter
1/2 C. Buttermilk
3/4 C. Sugar

Melt above ingredients over medium heat. When it just starts to boil, remove off heat and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon Vanilla. (Do this over the sink b/c it can overflow) Stir; it will foam up. Serve hot. Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog! It's so fun to get new ideas. This powder is brilliant. I hate using just a little bit of the carton and then not knowing what to do with the rest. Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too! My other quick thing in place of buttermilk is pour in a Tb or two of lemon juice into a one cup measuring cup, fill the rest up with milk. In five minutes you will have a thick homemade buttermilk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...